Have you experienced difficulty reading the fine print of a document or maybe you want to read the label on your newly purchased groceries? To help you see more clearly Apple have created a Magnifier! You may zoom on small prints easily by using your standard iOS camera app but utilising it’s Magnifier can be more beneficial as it has specific features for certain needs. For example, you can zoom in further than 1ox and you can use special built-in filters to easily read or capture fine details.
In this article, we explain the basics of what the Apple Magnifier is and how to use it.
What Is the Magnifier On An iPhone?
iPhone’s Magnifier is an accessibility tool that basically turns your iPhone into a magnifying glass. This tool is especially useful for people who are experiencing difficulties seeing small text in a book, pamphlet or labels. To access this tool, visit your iPhone’s Settings tab and follow the simple steps we have compiled for you below.
How To Turn On The Magnifier Using The Settings App On The iPhone
1. Open your iPhone’s Settings.
2. Tap General.
3. Tap Accessibility.
4. Tap Magnifier.
5. Tap the switch next to Magnifier to turn it on.
6. To open the Magnifier, triple-click your iPhone’s Home button
How To Add Magnifier To Control Centre On An iPhone
1. Open your iPhone’s Settings.
2. Tap Control Centre.
3. Tap Customise Controls to go to the Control Centre customisation menu.
4. Scroll down and tap the green plus button next to Magnifier to add it to Control Centre.
How To Use Magnifier On An iPhone
Now that you have access to your iPhone’s Magnifier, you can now use it to magnify the writing you wish to read. Triple-click the iPhone’s Home button or tap the Magnifier icon in the Control Centre. Once you do this you will be taken to the Magnifier which looks a lot similar to the Camera app. Here are the things that you will see in the Magnifier:
1. A preview of the area your iPhone is zooming in on.
2. A slider that lets you zoom in or out.
3. A Lightning bolt icon that toggles the flash on and off.
4. A lock icon that turns yellow once you’ve selected an area to focus on.
5. Three overlapping circles in the bottom right-hand corner of the screen, for the adjustment of colour and brightness
6. A circular button, that you’ll press if you want to take a “picture” of the area that you’re magnifying.
How To Save A Picture Taken Using Magnifier
1. Press the circular button in Magnifier to take a picture of the area.
2. Press and hold any area of the picture.
3. A small menu will appear, choose if you want to Save Image or Share.
4. Tap Save Image to save the picture to the Photos app of your iPhone.
These are the steps on how to use your iPhone’s Magnifier. If you are experiencing any problems with your Apple device don’t hesitate to visit us. The Phone Shop is a family run, proudly independent smart-device repair shop. We have repaired all kinds of devices from smartphones to tablets since 2009. With over 75,000 happy customers, our technicians are Bristol’s number 1 repair specialists. Our specialists are people you can trust when it comes to giving a great repair service. If you have any concerns and questions, don’t hesitate to call us at 01179424400 or send us a message at email@example.com. Our friendly team will be happy to help you.